Monday 17 June 2013

The 'Didn't get the job... Again...' Catch Up Post!

I was actually very hopeful about this one as a lot of my experience tied into what they were asking for. Then, somewhere between my CV reaching HR and then being sent to the department in question, they decided that they wanted the role to encompass a whole load of other stuff too. I didn't have what they needed so it's a case of 'ho hum, back to the drawing board...' So near but yet so far :o(

But anyway, enough moaning. Sorry for the brief silence on the blog, I've just spent the last few days either tucked up in a lovely Welsh hotel or in the grounds of a lovely Welsh estate (rolling valleys, gorgeous river, dark forest, the works) enjoying my friend's wedding. It was great :o)

Back to business now though. I have a few reviews that I'm aiming to post this week (everything else permitting) but right now this post is all about my having posted elsewhere today. Yes, it's the..


Over at Tor.com, you'll find my thoughts on 'Shadows Linger' which just so happens to be my favourite book in the series. Go have a read while I go back to the job boards and carry on looking for that elusive job...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the job hunting - sorry things changed on the requirements of the job. Two of my sons have been out of work for a while, it's not easy, no matter how much experience you have, and sometimes it doesn't even seem to matter how much education you have - the job market had become so unpredictable.

    Hang in there - and again, good luck.

    I don't remember hearing about the Black Company so I looked it up. Sounds like a good series. Sometimes I love a good re-read, also. :)

    ReplyDelete